Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Articles With "Good" Ideas

1) http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2009/08/137_50120.html
Sexism In Korea - Again
The article mainly talks about Korean(Asian) men's sexism against women. This article refers to past Korea's history where women we're treated poorly. However, that was not the main idea of this article. The main idea contains the racism against Korean sexism. According to the article, it states that there is a racism going on that Korean and Asian men are more sexist to women then white men are.Even though I am a man, I too thought this wasn't very true because I already know a lot of American's who are sexist and also because this is just another stereotype against Koreans. That is why I think this article contains good ideas, especially the conclusion: "all men need to be less sexist."
2. http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2009/06/181_46227.html
Two Sides of Int'l School
This article I have come to favor because it talks about TCIS. It talks about the pros and cons of TCIS, and as a student of TCIS I feel the same. This article was written by Brian Lee, a student of TCIS just one grade higher than me. As a same school student, I felt so proud when I first encountered this article. For a sophomore to already have an article published in a huge news company, I can only give respect. Also I thought it was very brave of him to do write it because this article expresses the feelings that we couldn't say it out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment