1. What is voice? What makes a voice unique? How would you describe your writing voice?
A voice is the word that describes the sound that comes out of our mouth. Whenever we say something, we are using our voice to communicate with others. There are few things that varies the uniqueness of a voice. The tone of it, how loud is it, if you have any accent, etc. For example, my voice is very loud and deep. Even though some people might also have this characteristics, this is what makes my voice unique compared to the majority of people. In writing, we describe voice not by sound, but it varies depending on weather it ends with a period, question mark, or an exclamation mark. For example, if it is written "I am your King!", then we know that the person who's saying this quote will have a loud voice, as to when a question mark is added, it might change the voice into a softer tone.
2. Pretend you are an object in the classroom such desk, pencil, chair, the teacher's shoe, anything! Imagine yourself having a bad day as this object. Write a 500 word narrative describing your bad day from the object's perspective.
Object: Led Pencil
"Oh my gosh, this is already the FIFTH time!!!! The fifth time he broke a precious bone of mine. I mean doesn't he get it that if you put too much strength in my precious led it will break?! I mean, my bones aren't made of steels. *CRACK* THERE HE GOES AGAIN! That's it! I need to teach this boy a lesson on how to control his strength. Boy, you don't need to show off that you have strong arms, cause that wont matter if you spend all your money on led! *Sigh*, what am I thinking, this boy won't buy a new led. He'll just buy a new led-pencil to replace because to him, its all~~~ my fault. To him I'm the weird led-pencil that won't function very well. I've seen many people do that, but not this time! uhuh~ I am not going to sit around and let this boy break pieces of me for a whole day and just trash me in the bin. Boy you asked for it, now your getting it!! HAHA I see that weird look in your eyes thinking why isn't this dumb led-pencil working? Well it's your fault for messing with the wrong pencil, now I wont move a muscle to help you write. Oh I see what your thinking, its because there's no more led left. Well DUH cause you broke them all, but try all you want and I won't even twitch. Oh look, the time is almost up and yet you haven't even solved half of your geometry test. What are you going to do now? Yea that's right, feel that pain, feel the anger, that's what you get for blaming everything on me. Oh look, he's taking out another led pencil. Tsk Tsk, I feel sad for that pencil. Now he's going to blame everything on that pencil. Well I'll just relax and watch this idiot try to finish his test on time. Oh haha there goes the bell. Awwww he's sad he couldn't finish it. Well you should've shown me some respect then maybe I would've helped you. Now look at you all sad and... Hey! Why aren't you putting me back in the pencil case? Oh no now your going to lose me again... huh? not even the pocket? Whats wrong with him... Oh no! A trash can!!!! NO NO, BOY I'm SORRY!!!! Please not the Trash can! I'm so sorry!! No~~ No~~~noooo!!!!! *DUMP* "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment