Saturday, 12 September 2009

Blogging Assignment #7 Dramatic Moment essay Reflection

1.What are some of the aspects of narrative writing and did you like using them?
Some aspects of narrative writing I enjoyed was that I didn't have to make the story up as I went. When I try to write a fairy tale or some kind of "fiction", it always annoys me because I can't think of what to write next. However, when I wrote a narrative writing, I knew exactly what I was going to write and how I was going to express it. I also liked using narrative writing because I could tell facts and events that were hard to describe to a person without writing it dow.
2.How did you determine what details were relevant and necessary to support your ideas?
When this story of mine happened, there were too many things to write about and limited space. That is why I tried to cut the parts that weren't necessary and add the parts that were relevant. I did this by relating the part to the mood of the story. If the story was going on as a sad mood such as mine, I would pick out the ones that were sad or tragic. For example, I wouldn't want to add a funny action while a funeral was going on, because then it would just break the mood and the tention the story gives.
3.How did you create a unique piece of writing?
I created a unique peace of writing because even though many have experienced their relatives die, most of them did not feel guilty for it. Mine was especially unique because before the funeral I was always imaptient and rude to my grandma, giving no respect what so ever, and when the time finally came and she was gone, I felt guilty about it.
4.How did you craft your writing to meet the audience expectations? What is easy or hard?
I crafted my essay to meet the audience expectations by grabbing the audience with the sadness that was going on in my story. In order for writers or even producers to grab the audiences' attention, it needs a certain BANG in their story. It has to have an impact that would make the reader want to read more, and that is what I tried to do with my story.
5.How did your personal experience and faith shape the way you told this story?
My personal experience and faith shaped the way I told the sory because I could really give the feeling in it. Since it was a story I actually experienced, I wanted the readers to feel the same way I did during that situatin, and personal experience really allowed me to express my thoughts and feeling without really havingto try.
6.What would your life be like without the experience?
I would say if this occasion never occured, I would still be the stupid little boy I was. I wouldn't have felt differently about my attitudes against elders, and especially grandmas and grandpas. By having the experience, I came to realize what my mistakes were and what I had to fix. That is why I feel that after this experience, I've grown up a little bit more and became more mature on how to treat an elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment