Monday, 18 January 2010

My Poem

Most Annoying Test in Highschool = M.A.T.H
by Daniel Yang

As I sit there with a pencil in my hand
I am lost in shame
I feel as though I am lost in a island,
because the only thing I could write on the paper is my name.

It’s the most annoying test in High school,
the test that can’t be aced,
for I am a mere fool
and the mistakes I will make won’t be able to be replaced.

I start with question one, the “easiest” one,
and feel as though its the end for me
The test has just begun
and I’m already guessing, hoping the answer is letter ‘b’

I somehow survive till the end,
feeling as though it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.
Feeling like my semester grade will ascend,
from an C to an B.

The next day, I was expecting a good mark.
Maybe this is the day I finally beat the smartest kid in my class, Jeff;
But when I get my test back, my face went dark.
Great, it’s just another F.

Reflection
Personally I enjoyed writing the poem. The hardest part for me was making the rhyme scheme. It was very difficult to follow the a,b,a,b pattern, but at the end, I was very satisfied in the end with how it came out. This poem was easy to write because we had a wide range of poems to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment